8401 Spain RD N.E Apartment 20 E
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87111
Seeking a position as a Receptionist in an office that rewards positive results, hard work, loyalty and dependability in a team environment.
Highly effective communicator with a full range of office skills, demonstrated teamwork abilities, and a reputation for resolving problems and delivering results. Strong work ethic and commitment to the job.
• Dedicated to excellent customer service.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational and active listening skills.
• Good research and documentation skills.
• Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, Power Point.
• Fluent in Spanish speaking, reading and writing.
· Quintana Dental Practice – February 2014 – March 2015
Front desk and Insurance Specialist
o Greet patients.
o Answer phones.
o Check in patients.
o Schedule appointments.
o Have paperwork ready for each patient.
o Verify Insurance information.
o Verify Insurance benefits for each patient.
o Verify Claims status with the Insurance companies.
· Big 5 Sporting Goods – September 2012 to present
Sales and Merchandiser
o Plan and set up sales promotions and advertising campaigns.
o Ability to identify and fulfill the needs of customers.
o Facility to communicate effectively with customers and co- workers.
o Capability to organize the stock room constantly.
· Macy’s – July 2011 to September 2012
o Assist in promoting new brands introduced in the market by creating awareness among customers
o Assist in developing customer relationships and carrying on a cordial relation with existing customers
o Work independently and in coordination with other departments and assist in the successful functioning of the store
o Maintain the store in proper and appealing condition to attract more customers
o Stock and maintain product displays
· Golden Bridge Corporation – June 2010 to December 2010.
o Prepared various programs for teaching English as well as setting up the papers for the students
o Selected the material for teaching English, providing it to the students, and thereby enhancing their knowledge of English
o Prepared the lesson plans according to the needs of students
o Evaluated the performance of the students and provided feedback
o Taught English by using various methods as well as audio visual aids
o Taught conversational English to children and adults ages 8 thru 50
· Gardens of Peace funeral home. March 2008 to May 2010.
o Provided administrative support for the department such as answering telephones, assisting visitors, and resolving and referring a range of administrative problems and inquiries. Assisted in the setup of memorials and viewings
o Operated personal computer to compose and edit correspondence and memoranda; prepare, transcribe, compose, type, edit, and distribute agendas and minutes of meetings
o Scheduled and coordinated meetings, interviews, appointments, events and other similar activities for supervisors
o Established, maintained, and updated files, databases, records, and other customer documents
o Sort, review, screen and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; prepare, compose and ensure timely responses to a variety of routine written inquiries.
o Inventory, purchase and distribute office supplies to all departments
• Published: Semanario La Campana. Feature: In the past 5 years rise in suicide attempts in Popayán. Family Conflicts and Abuse, Major Causes. June 9, 2006, Popayán, Colombia.
• Newspaper Blog: HTTP: / / PREVENCIONDESUICIDIO.BLOGSPOT.COM
• Project Design: Differentiation between reality and violent news content. Guide and vocational talks, based on psychological analysis. Children between 6 and 9 year of age. January to June 2005.
• Fieldwork: Communication with displaced children between 5 and 14 years of the Quebrada Pubus city of Popayan. June to December 2004.
• Professional Practice: Radio Universidad del Cauca. Narration, the program “Folk Music.” February to July 2003.
• University of Cauca, Popayán, Colombia 2002 – 2008 B.A. Social Communication with emphasis in Journalism.
• Course in Advanced Systems. Institute of Technology Comfacauca, Popayán, Colombia 2010.
• English Language, English Training Program (IPP) Universidad del Cauca, Popayan, Colombia 2004.
• Advanced English Course TVI Community College Albuquerque, New Mexico, 2000.
• Advanced English Course, Miami Florida Miami Dade Community College 1997.