4176 Dawnridge Road East, Jacksonville, FL 32277 ● 904-370-4658 ● [email protected]
Bilingual customer service-oriented professional with over 25+ years of experience working in fast-paced healthcare, financial and nonprofit industries. Core competencies include proven ability to balance the healthcare practice demands with patient needs with well-developed project management and leadership qualities to support the financial requirements of healthcare today.
Areas Of Expertise
Access, ACT for Windows, Adobe Design Standards Suite, CRM (Customer Relationship Management Systems), Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Publisher, SharePoint, Salesforce, Planview, Remedy, Service Now, Visio, QuarkXpress, Kronos, WebEx, Meeting Room Manager, Constant Contact, DropBox, FTP, QuickTime, Movie Maker, Dreamweaver, Bloomberg, WinZip, OrgPlus, Harvard Graphics, WordPerfect, PageMaker, Internet research, Microsoft Outlook, Quicken, Lifestreams, Daytimer Organizer, Dictaphone Transcription, Bilingual Spanish
Project Manager, Nemours Foundation 2009 – Present
• Responsible for overall management, direction, communication, implementation, execution, control and completion of multiple projects ensuring consistency with departmental strategy, commitments and goals.
• Accountable for the planning, scheduling and controlling of activities to fulfill identified objectives, applying technical, theoretical and managerial skills to satisfy project requirements.
• Coordinate and integrate team and individual efforts to build positive professional relationships with all internal and external clients.
• Supervise, mentor, and train administrative staff.
• Accountable for departmental mobile unit fleet, including monitoring of all BP Fleet credit cards and E-ZPass transponder expenses.
• Train and process all drivers.
• Coordinate all repair and servicing, safety inspections, detailing, and maintain availability calendar.
• Accountable for obtaining appropriate vendors and subcontractors as needed, establishing and maintaining long-term relationships.
• Coordinate efforts to identify scope, prioritize and execute Lean Six Sigma projects.
• Manage and maintain off-site storage facility.
• Monitor, delegate and track responses to all requests received in departmental e-mail box.
• Under the direction of the Managing Director, handle the on-boarding/off-boarding of all hires, volunteers and interns while coordinating with applicable departments for access to computer systems, helping ensure changes are made in a timely and accurate manner.
• Conduct new hire orientations, set up and assignments of all cell phones and tablets.
• Monitoring of departmental wireless billing reports.
• Participate and assist in the planning, organization and successful execution of weekend community initiative health care and literacy events in the states served.
Vivian Carrion Page 2
Project Coordinator, Nemours Foundation 2007 – 2009
• Responsible for planning, strategizing, executing and more importantly ensuring that projects are implemented successfully.
• Managed day-to-day smooth running of projects assigned, ensuring timely communication between teams involved in meeting targets.
• Managed and monitored the implementation of projects ensuring timelines are strictly adhered to.
• Interacted with every member of a project to obtain feedback on the progress of their teams and ensured information was well disseminated to relevant stakeholders.
• Performed Extensive monitoring of activities across the various teams or departments working on a project.
• Reported regularly to the Managing Director and ensured projects were executed as agreed.
• Made use of project management software and applications to ensure smooth scheduling and monitoring of project activities.
• Consulted regularly with Managing Director together with the relevant stakeholders to ensure project is executed as expected.
• Prepared and kept records of the day-to-day activities of a project and making concise but comprehensive presentations to explain to stakeholders
• Coordinated and managed social media.
• Performed database management, departmental mobile fleet coordination and management
• Vendor relationship liaison
Executive Assistant, Nemours Foundation 2004 – 2007
• Coordinated travel, prepared trip itineraries, booked dinner reservations, and organized social events and activities for Vice President of Corporate Services.
• Schedule small and large meetings with multiple logistics using Outlook including catering and Audio/visual.
• Systematically increased office organization by developing more efficient filing/documenting system and database protocols.
• Maintained all staff records including attendance, staff leave, absenteeism, vacations and returns in Kronos timekeeping system.
• Ordered stationery for the unit using Oracle Applications Manager.
• Assisted with interviews and tests for new recruits.
• Managed and maintained full control of complex calendars with deadline driven schedules.
Abacus & Associates, Inc., New York, New York
Executive/Personal Assistant to The Chairman 2001 – 2002
Henry Schein, Inc., Melvlle, New York
Executive/Personal Assistant to The Chairman 2000 – 2000
Computer Sciences Corporation — Healthcare Division, New York, New York
Executive Assistant 1994 – 2000
JPMorgan Chase, New York, New York
Executive Assistant 1986 – 1994
Project Management for Professionals PMP Preparation 2012
Mastering Project Management 2012
Applied Project Management 2012
Essentials of Project Management 2011
University of North Florida, Jacksonville, Florida
Project Management Fundamentals 2010
Member of the Project Management Institute
Vivian Carrion Leadership Accomplishments
– Lead manager of Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement process. Managed process for lease termination of departmental leased space and led the relocation project, working in concert with our Facilities Manager and key stakeholders to plan and coordinate move of thirty-three associates to our Organization’s headquarters, resulting in greater efficiency and cost savings.
– Lead project to catalogue over $1M worth of artwork in advance of move to Nemours headquarters from rented space. Secured professional packing company for safe packing and transport of collateral.
– Managed numerous renovation and reconfiguration projects, inclusive of the expansion of an administrative workstation, Instructional Designer’s office and the departmental team room/conferencing area.
– In concert with the Managing Director, lead project to secure an ongoing partnership and service contract with Smart Horizons, an online training provider. Responsible for developing and building vendor relationship, working together to produce dual press releases, marketing campaign plan, development of pricing agreement and go-live timeline. Successfully managed the development of a Nemours BrightStart! web portal offering our Level I and Level II online curriculum training courses accessible across the country to early childhood educators. Responsible for tracking and producing site analytics reports and distributing as needed to key stakeholders.
– Ongoing project management of Nemours BrightStart! early literacy video shoots, edits and updates, inclusive of obtaining talent, securing strategic partner sites and coordinating schedules in conjunction with production companies and key stakeholders.
– Obtained needed permissions for books and poems utilized in video shoot project from respective authors. Completed review and editing of six videos produced on Reading to a Child.
– Successfully lead project to obtain and secure licensing permission to build in-house electronic version of Pearson Clinical Assessments’ copyrighted GRTR-R assessment tool, working with our Legal, Compliance, senior leadership and Information System’s Architects to recreate the electronic application, resulting in the ability of our educational staff to provide automated screenings via iPads, the elimination of paper copies (cost savings), and the added value of providing our Research Team with live-time data uploads directly into our secured database.
– Project managed custom build of our fleet of mobile classrooms.Project included obtaining bids, due diligence, on-site visit to finalists, awarding and negotiation of contract with LifeLine Mobile, monitoring progress, and providing feedback to internal stakeholders and sponsors throughout the process. Mobile classrooms became part of my ongoing responsibilities once delivered. This includes annual maintenance and upkeep, coordinating and tracking usage across North and Central Florida, as well as the Delaware Valley and its surrounding area via an online calendar accessible to the community served, obtaining background checks, and training potential drivers once approved.
– Continued coordination and management of mobile fleet exterior skin rewrap projects through long-term vendor ProSign & Graphics as needed and within budget.
– Successfully secured enclosed off-site storage space for our fleet of mobile classrooms, which also functions as storage for all of our annual giveaways, event trade booths, and other materials. Lead workgroup made up of key team members in annual off-site Lean Six Sigma continuous improvement storage, recycling project, purging outdated materials, reorganizing the site, and coordinating Cintas collection.
– Departmental liaison for Risk Management, Facilities, Information Systems, Marketing & Communications, Accounts Payable, Security, Compliance and Legal.
– Continuously create and design PowerPoint presentations, flyers, announcements, press releases and other collateral for senior leadership and Community Initiatives teams as needed.
– Project managed the development and creation of an electronic Research Database dashboard for our Research Department.
– Successfully planned and coordinated numerous events and workshop offerings. Worked in concert with our Finance Department to set up an online electronic payment system for educators attending our training courses.
Vivian Carrion Leadership Accomplishments
– Worked with our Research Scientists and numerous cross-teams to produce and brand our own online Preschool Reading Screener tool used by the community we serve on our secondary website, www.readingbrightstart.org
– Designed and developed electronic versions of regularly used forms, including the automation of our Travel Request, Decision Making Tool and a Microsoft Outlook online screening appointment form for team usage, eliminating need for paper copies and allowing for updated information in real-time.
– Responsible for numerous electronic databases, inclusive of Constant Contact and our Remedy employee activity database, editing, maintaining and tracking all employee expenses associated with conferences and trade show participation, presentations and publications, and monthly report production disseminated to key stakeholders.
– Continuous work with long-term external marketing and communications vendor, Create a Ruckus, on production of brochures and other collateral as needed.
– SharePoint site administrator and content manager, providing access and training for all end users as needed.
– Lead decision maker in annual purchasing of departmental equipment upgrades, set up and staff assignments (laptops, desktops, cell phones, iPads, printers, camcorders and projectors).
– Led and coordinated senior leadership professional headshots projects.
– Created an electronic cross-functional team responsibilities matrix.